How to edit a document on this Wiki
- Click on the "edit" tab on the top of the document.
- You now see a window that looks like a simplified word document.
- Type in the text.
- Click on the "save" button at the bottom of the page.
- That is it.
How to format text
- To italicize text, insert two apostrophes at the beginning and two at the end of the passage you would like to appear in Italics. For bold face, do the same with three apostrophes.
- To insert a link, write two opening square brackets, then the name of the file (or URL) you are linking to, and then two closing square brackets.
- To insert a signature (mine is WikiSysop), type ~~~.
- More options [].
How to add Greek or Arabic text
- The default input method is unicode.
- If you are working in the field, your computer is most likely already set up to use this system.
- Select a Greek or Arabic keyboard layout on your desktop and then proceed as usual.
How to create parallel columns
Write <div style="float: left; width: 50%"> then the text of the first column, then </div><div style="float: left; width: 50%"> followed by the text of the second column, and finally </div>.
How to create a page
Write [[new page name]] in any document, e.g. the Sandbox, save the changes and click on the resulting link. You can now edit the page. The link you used to create the page may then be deleted if necessary.
If you are new to this system, have a look at this sandbox to get some practice!